Marine31 Online Forum
Welcome to the Marine 31 Forum.
Header

Marine 31 Forum » Boat Detailing Projects » Sign-up Boat Detailing Classes » Marine 31 Boat Detailing Class - Saturday, April 18th 2015

Notices

Sign-up Boat Detailing Classes Learn how to detail boats

Marine 31 Boat Detailing Class - Saturday, April 18th 2015
Old 12-04-2014, 11:57 AM   #1
Mike Phillips

Default Marine 31 Boat Detailing Class - Saturday, April 18th 2015

Marine 31 Boat Detailing Class - Saturday, April 18th 2015

***Announcement***

We will also be holding a hands-on Boat Detailing Class in 2015, the date is Saturday, April 18th.

If you plan to detail for money, this class is a must!

Learn the ins and outs of boat detailing from world-renowned detailing expert Mike Phillips! The Marine 31 Boat Detailing Class covers all the major aspects of boat care and detailing including proper washing, boat oxidation removal, wet sanding to remove scuff marks and scratches from gel coat, canvas cleaning and protecting, mildew removal from vinyl seats, and much, much more! The Marine 31 Boat Detailing Class will give you the experience and knowledge to detail boats like a professional!

Boat detailing – where do I start?!

Surely you’ve asked yourself that question, or else you wouldn’t be researching and reading about the best boat detailing classes in the first place. We have an answer for that question, and it’s the Marine 31 Boat Detailing Class. If you plan to detail boats for profit, then this class is a MUST.

Mike Phillips provides an in-depth look along with thorough instructions on how to properly machine sand a boat, remove sanding marks and oxidation with a high speed rotary polisher, machine-apply a wax using a dual action polisher, and more!

The class size will be limited to give everyone an opportunity to ask questions and practice the techniques. The class will be held in the fully equipped Autogeek Show Car Garage located at our headquarters in Stuart, Florida.

These are intense hands-on classes!

Before

Water Spot Stains & Oxidation
Not only is the entire hull filled with holograms from the misuse of a rotary buffer, (the normal practice by most boat detailers), the gel-coat is also oxidized and covered with water spot stains.

After

When: Saturday, April 18th from 9 am to 4 pm Eastern Time

Where:

Autogeek's Show Car Garage
7744 SW Jack James Drive
Stuart, FL 34997
Mapquest Driving Directions

What to bring: Bring a pen and paper to take notes if you like. All chemicals and tools will be provided.

Dress: Dress is casual, remember you're going to be washing a boat as well as detailing the boat inside and outside. Please don't wear Flip Flops or dress shoes of any kind. Jeans, t-shirt, clothes that you would wear when washing and detailing a boat.

This is a very HANDS-ON class.

I had a lot of people ask for a boat detailing class so mark your calendars and plan your schedules accordingly.

Click HERE for more information and to sign up

Last edited by Nick; 01-28-2015 at 06:29 PM..
Mike Phillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 12:22 PM   #2
Mike Phillips

Default Re: Boat Detailing Classes in 2015

Here are a few ways to be notified of upcoming boat detailing classes...

Sign-up for one or both newsletters. The PremiumBoatCare.com store site carries different products besides Marine 31 and the Marine 31 site store is more dedicated for Marine 31 products plus lots of tool, pads, towels and accessories.

Sign-up for the Marine 31 Newsletter

Sign-up or the PremiumBoatCare.com Newsletter

When the details for the boat detailing class are finalized they will be announced in the newsletters.

I'd also recommend "Liking" the Facebook pages for the above.

Marine 31 Facebook Page

Premium Boat Care Facebook Page

If you're a registered member of this forum then you can also subscribe to threads like this one. When you subscribe to a thread, this means anytime a NEW post is made to the thread you've subscribed to you will be sent an e-mail notification using the e-mail address you used when you joined this forum.

If you're not sure how to "subscribe to a thread" heres an article to show you how.

How to subscribe to a thread

Old 01-28-2015, 06:28 PM   #3
Nick

Default Re: Boat Detailing Classes in 2015

The date has been finalized - Saturday, April 18th 2015!

Click HERE for more information and to sign up
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 08:47 PM   #4
FrankS

Default Re: Marine 31 Boat Detailing Class - Saturday, April 18th 2015

I plan on attending!
FrankS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 11:43 AM   #5
Mike Phillips

***Update***

Class is now less than 2 months away.

Be sure to get signed up if you plan on attending.

Old 03-13-2015, 10:06 AM   #6
karls

Hey Mike any chance you could do a class up here in the Great Lakes! Specifically Lake Erie...I would donate my boat as the project for the class!
karls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 03:16 PM   #7
Mike Phillips

Quote:
Originally Posted by karls View Post

Hey Mike any chance you could do a class up here in the Great Lakes! Specifically Lake Erie...

I would donate my boat as the project for the class!
Ha ha! I get a lot of offers like that!

While it's a great idea, there's a lot of logistics involved with holding an off-site class and I know, I've done a lot of them.

After setting up all the tools, sanding supplies, buffing pads, microfiber towels and products required for a class like this to keep everyone attending busy with something in their hands they can work with I'll take some pictures.

From experience, I think a lot of people will be surprised at how much "stuff" will be spread out among multiple 8" tables.

In order to do a class on location, all this same "stuff" must be shipped both to the location and then back home. There's also a projector and screen needed for the power point presentation as well as chairs and tables for people to sit in when they are not working on the boat.

Here's a picture someone took at last weekend's 10th Annual Detail Fest show to give you an idea.

My classes are a majority of hands-on working but there are power point presentations we go through as this is a real class.

In my life I find that you start with head knowledge and then back it up with hands-on experience.

Both are required for the best memory retention and learning.

Old 04-03-2015, 08:22 AM   #8
Mike Phillips

***Update***

I'm finalizing the list for the boats we'll be working on and afterwards I'll post some pictures.

There's only a few more seats left for this class so clear your schedule and get registered.

Old 04-06-2015, 04:29 PM   #9
Mike Phillips

Pretty sure we're going to go with this 25' Regulator. It has medium oxidation and will provide a great learning experience for all the topics we're going to cover.

This is the actual boat in outside storage. My buddy Bert from Ship Shape TV took this today while at a shoot for the show.

This is NOT the actual boat but a picture I snagged off the Internet to give a better idea of what the boat actually looks like...

Old 04-13-2015, 12:09 PM   #10
karls

I figured you get asked that a lot. I'm going to start on mine hopefully this weekend. I thought it would be a long shot getting you up here but you never know until you ask!! LOL. Hope you're doing well. Wish I could come in for the class.
karls is offline   Reply With Quote