Marine31 Online Forum
Welcome to the Marine 31 Forum.
Header

Marine 31 Forum » Marine 31 Products - Made by boat people for boat people... » Compounds, Polishes and Waxes » Marine 31 Heavy-Cut Cleaner Wax

Notices

Marine 31 Heavy-Cut Cleaner Wax
Old 07-08-2014, 12:07 PM   #11
Mike Phillips

Default Re: Marine 31 Heavy-Cut Cleaner Wax

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinder car care View Post

Maybe in a couple more weeks going to go to the 3rd marina and get started there as well, I'm hoping that I can have them scheduled 1 after the other and maybe just a 1 step Heavy Cut Cleaner/Wax and get in and out in 4 days or less and get some coating test spots on several as well!
You're going to OWN these Marinas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinder car care View Post

but in the regular foam gun for water hose that I have, how many ounces do I apply in my foam gun?

Just happen to have an article on this topic... info below and look at the pictures...

How to use a Foam Gun to wash your boat!

Foam Guns are cool tools to help you get your boat cleaner safer. The Marine 31 Foam Gun together with the Marine 31 Gel Coat Wash & Wax with Carnauba create tons of foamy suds that cling to the side of your hull give the cleaning agents time to dissolve, loosen and emulsify dirt, grime and scum off your boat's hull.

The luxurious suds also hyper-lubricate the surface to help make washing new boats and painted boats safer by helping to reduce wash-induced scratches.

Lets take a look as Nick shows us how to use the Marine 31 Foam Gun with Marine 31 Gel Coat Wash & Wax with Carnauba.

Step 1

First fill the container with water to just a few inches below the top...

Tip: Fill container with water first and then add your soap. If you add your soap first you'll create so many suds you'll end up with a container of suds instead of soap solution.

Step 2
Next add 3-4 ounces of Marine 31 Gel Coat Wash & Wax with Carnauba.

Old 07-08-2014, 12:09 PM   #12
Mike Phillips

This is key too....

Step 4 - Choose how much suds you want

How to adjust the metering slide bar
Your Marine 31 Foam Gun comes with a metering slide bar that allows you to adjust the concentration of soap solution to water.

6 hole stops on the top of the metering bar
Looking at the metering bar from the top you'll see 6 equal sized holes. These are "stops" that lock the metering bar into position with the use of a spring loaded check ball inside the mixing chamber.

You can twist the metering bar sideways to push it in or out of the mixing chamber when choosing a solution level and then twist it back to the upright position to lock it into place.

Maximum Suds = Metering Bar pushed all the way to the left side.

Minimum Suds = Metering Bar pushed all the way to the right side.

Turn the metering bar over and it will all make sense!

5 graduated holes on the bottom of the metering bar
The smaller the hole the less soap solution that can be drawn into the mixing chamber and thus the less foamy suds. Just behind Nick's finger, opposite of the hole stops on the other side there is no graduate hole, this is last section is solid to enable you to switch to just water for rinsing.

The larger the holes the more soap solution that can be drawn into the mixing chamber and thus more suds will be created.

Old 07-08-2014, 12:10 PM   #13
Mike Phillips

Here's what you'll get...

I wash everything with the foam gun.

Old 07-09-2014, 09:59 AM   #14
kinder car care

Thanks Mike appreciate the article, I've got the Gilmore foam gun with the smaller container for auto use. Will try to find me a larger container until I get me a Marine 31 foam gun.

I'm going to be getting me a briggs & Stratton electric presser washer from lowes this weekend, it has 1800 PSI and offers up to 4.0 GPM but I'm not all to familiar with using a foam gun with a presser washer will mine work or do I need a different kind or set-up?
Old 07-09-2014, 10:39 PM   #15
brandons

Is that the lake country Purple wool pad you are using on your flex? Does the heavy cut cleaner wax have a longer work time then the heavy cut compound? I used the heavy cut compound with my dewalt 849x but wished it had a longer working time. I could barely get in 2 passes. The second pass there was not much product left. I did not try with my flex as I used that to polish. I need to get some of that cleaner wax!!!
brandons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 09:06 AM   #16
kinder car care

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandons View Post
Is that the lake country Purple wool pad you are using on your flex? Does the heavy cut cleaner wax have a longer work time then the heavy cut compound? I used the heavy cut compound with my dewalt 849x but wished it had a longer working time. I could barely get in 2 passes. The second pass there was not much product left. I did not try with my flex as I used that to polish. I need to get some of that cleaner wax!!!
No Brandon, I don't much care for the lake country wool pads especialy for something as oxidized as this houseboat I've been working on. I'm going to try them out again at a later date but for now not to happy or impressd with them.

I've been doing all my work now with the Lake Country LC-41-005 7.5 Twisted Wool Cutting Pads. Keeping clean with a spur and my grit guard pad washer. Work a small area using a pencil size line or two on high speed and often times apply another line before finished and then spur after ever section. Have had no gum-up issue's with my wool pads and the HCCW and work a area about my shoulder width apart and go over about 4 to 5 section passes before wipe off and then check area before moving on.

Ran out of my oxidation cleaner last week and tried buff magic's cleaner on a section and wasn't to impressed with it but got half that area finished. When my bottle of oxidation cleaner came in I started at the far end and worked my way towards the buff magic area, when I met and overlaped I looked at the joinning of both products and you could certainly tell a much brighter, cleaner looking white gel coat from the Marine 31 oxidation cleaner.

Get you a bottle of the Oxidation Cleaner to have on hand for those tough oxidized gel coats and to really bring out the true color of gel coat, I would have been in trouble if not for having a bottle. Great stuff!
Old 07-10-2014, 09:58 AM   #17
brandons

Thanks on the pad info, I will order some along with the heavy cut wax. I have some of the compound left for some troubled spots. Keep up the good work and I think you will soon have more work than time.
brandons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 10:16 AM   #18
kinder car care

Sorry Brandon just now seen my mistake and can't correct on original post so I'll correct it on here.

I meant to write I don't much care for the Lake Country Foam Wool Purple pads. Sorry about that!