Marine31 Online Forum
Welcome to the Marine 31 Forum.
Header

Marine 31 Forum » Marine 31 Products - Made by boat people for boat people... » Marine 31 Product Reviews » Marine 31 Fabric and Vinyl Cleaner and Fabric Protectorant With Sunblock Guard Review

Notices

Marine 31 Product Reviews Share your product reviews in this forum...

Marine 31 Fabric and Vinyl Cleaner and Fabric Protectorant With Sunblock Guard Review
Old 07-08-2013, 08:13 PM   #1
Pats300zx

Default Marine 31 Fabric and Vinyl Cleaner and Fabric Protectorant With Sunblock Guard Review

This past holiday weekend I had the chance to try out two additional Marine 31 products on my boat. The covers on my 1999 Chaparral were in need of some TLC. I try to clean and treat them at least once a year. In the past I have always used 303 Fabric Cleaner and 303 High Tech Fabric Guard. I was interested to see how the Marine 31 products would compare.

Product Description

Marine 31 Fabric & Vinyl Cleaner is a concentrated marine cleaner that gently removes ground-in dirt, soiling, staining and light mildew from all marine fabric and vinyl surfaces. Marine 31 Fabric & Vinyl Cleaner features an environmentally-friendly formula that is non-toxic and biodegradable. Marine 31 Fabric & Vinyl Cleaner can safely be used to clean bimini tops, marine cushions, inflatable boats, seats, boat covers, sail covers and deck awnings.

Product Description

Marine 31 T-Top Fabric Protectant with SunBlock
The best marine fabric protectant - period!

Marine 31 T-Top Fabric Protectant with SunBlock provides the best UV protection for all exterior and interior marine fabric surfaces including old and new bimini tops. Formulated using SunBlock technology – a fusion of Marine 31’s proprietary UV absorbers and advanced Ciba Tinuvin UV Blockers – treated surfaces will retain their color and texture while repelling dirt, dust, oil, grease, acid rain, salt, insects and bird droppings. Regularly treated surfaces will resist UV-induced fading, cracking and discoloring. This CFC-free formula meets California’s strict air quality standards.

Process

The process was pretty simple. I hosed down my two covers for my bow and main seating area with a hose. I sprayed the Marine 31 Fabric Cleaner onto the covers and let it dwell for a few minutes and proceeded to scrub with a soft bristle brush.

I allowed the covers to dry in the sun for several hours and then applied the Marine 31 Fabric Protectorant with Sunblock.

Pictures

Main cover all prepped and ready to be cleaned with some TLC.

Applying Marine 31 Fabric and Vinyl Cleaner to the wet cover

Agitating the small bow cover with a soft bristle brush

Ready to apply Marine 31 Fabric Protectorant with Sunblock after covers have dried for several hours

All dried and ready to be reinstalled on my boat.

Observations

I found the Marine 31 products to works as described. I did like the aerosol version of the Fabric Guard with Sunblock. I felt I was able to get a more even coat compared to the 303 Fabric Guard pump sprayer. I did apply multiple coats to the main cover and used the entire can of the Marine 31.

I decided to treat my bow cover with 303 Fabric Guard and the main cover with Marine 31. It will be interesting to see how both compare. The boat sits in the sun all summer so I hope to report back at the end of the summer as to how the covers holding up durability wise with beading etc.
Pats300zx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 09:50 AM   #2
Mike Phillips

Default Re: Marine 31 Fabric and Vinyl Cleaner and Fabric Protectorant With Sunblock Guard Review

Wow... nice job there Pat...

There's a little bit of work and planning behind a project like this but where there's a will there's a way.

We'll be using these product next week for the Bimini Top on our boat for the boat detailing class, this one...

Old 07-09-2013, 09:30 PM   #3
tropicsteve

Default Re: Marine 31 Fabric and Vinyl Cleaner and Fabric Protectorant With Sunblock Guard Review

just another reason your boat still looks like it's new pat.
tropicsteve is offline   Reply With Quote