Marine31 Online Forum
Welcome to the Marine 31 Forum.
Header

Marine 31 Forum » Marine 31 Products - Made by boat people for boat people... » Marine 31 Product Reviews » Review: Marine 31 Mildew Remover Combo

Notices

Marine 31 Product Reviews Share your product reviews in this forum...

Review: Marine 31 Mildew Remover Combo
Old 08-05-2014, 06:52 PM   #1
Angus

Default Review: Marine 31 Mildew Remover Combo

​​For this review I’m going to share my experience using Marine 31’s Mildew Remover Combo on my brother-in-law recently purchased pre-owned bass boat:

First up Mildew Remover:

From Marine31’s product page for Mildew Remover:
“Marine 31 Mildew Remover quickly and safely removes stubborn mildew stains on virtually all marine surfaces, including vinyl seat cushions, rubber fenders, fiberglass, gel coat, canopies, and more! Marine 31 Mildew Remover forgoes volatile cleaners and instead relies on smart chemistry; even severe mildew growth is no match for the incredible cleaning power of Marine 31 Mildew Remover.”
Mildew Remover Instructions:

The mildew build up is pretty bad across multiple surfaces, most noticeable the gauge cluster and seats.

After spraying onto the seats, waiting a few minutes, and then buffing dry you can clearly see how well the mildew remover works in this 50/50 shot:

Close up:

Gauge cluster, before:

Mildew Remover in action:

Mildew Remover works amazingly fast. I enjoyed watching the mildew disappear moments after applying it. I did notice a slight bleach like odor but Marine31 clams this is an eco friendly and acid free product so I’m not sure what chemical wizardry is at play but it works!

Prior to the next step, all surfaces were wiped down, given a through rinse, and dried per instructions.

Next up Mildew Guard.

Now that I’ve removed all of the nasty mildew build up, it’s time to protect everything with Mildew Guard:

From Marine31’s product page for Mildew Guard:
“Marine 31 Mildew Guard is the solution to a common problem that plagues all boaters – mold and mildew growth on vinyl surfaces. This high-tech vinyl sealant forms a clear coating that protects against UV rays, body oils, salt, and most importantly, stubborn mold and mildew. Treated surfaces will retain their flexibility while being well protected against the damaging effects of nature.”
Instructions:

Mildew Guard couldn’t be easier WOWO product to apply. 1-2 sprays onto a clean foam applicator covers an entire seat:

10 minutes later the 2nd coat is applied, after a quick buff everything is protected and ready to fight mildew:

Gauge cluster:

Conclusion
: Using these products to remove and prevent mildew growth couldn’t be easier. Time will tell how well Mildew Guard does at preventing mildew growth from returning. But Mildew Remover does exactly what it claims in a very quick and efficient manner. I’ve also used it on some grimy pool floats with equally impressive results. Additionally both products are made in the USA

Products used in this review:
Marine 31 Mildew Remover Combo

Angus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 12:57 PM   #2
Mike Phillips

Default Re: Review: Marine 31 Mildew Remover Combo

Nice pictures!

Nice transformation!

Old 08-07-2014, 05:27 PM   #3
Nick

Excellent review - these seats are looking great!

Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 10:04 AM   #4
Angus

Thanks, Nick! I couldn't believe how clean the seats came out after the first pass of Mildew Remover. They really do look brand new!!
Old 10-05-2014, 08:57 AM   #5
Angus

Default *2 Month Update* Marine 31 Mildew Remover Combo

Yesterday was the first time I've seen the boat since the initial mildew removal back on August 5:

Because it spends 90% of the time covered up and sitting on a trailer I was really curious - had any mildew returned?

Nope! Nada! None! Zilch!! I very happy to report Marine 31 Mildew Guard is still working:

Captains seat:

1st Mate's:

All in all, I'd say Mildew Guard is doing a fantastic job