Marine31 Online Forum
Welcome to the Marine 31 Forum.
Header

Marine 31 Forum » Marine31 Welcome & Announcements » Introduction Forum » Daniel From Kentucky

Notices

Introduction Forum Please take a moment to introduce yourself after joining the forum.

Daniel From Kentucky
Old 06-08-2014, 08:50 AM   #1
kinder car care

Default Daniel From Kentucky

Hey guys, New to boat detailing but been auto detailing since the late 80's early 90's. Been following Mike for the last 10 year's and now hopefully takin my detailing up a notch with boats.

I've only detailed one boat and that was about 8 or 9 years ago I believe. Have a write-up with several pics on one of the forum's, I will try to find it and post up on here.

Back then though I used a 10'' cheap orbital buffer and meguiars products like the smooth surface clay bar, body scrub or step 1 cleaner? and some other consumer line products but did have to put in an order for the aggressive stuff from meguiars to get the tought stuff removed. Had many hours of buffing/polishing to bring back a better finish.

I'll try to find it because it was an extream make over!!!! My uncle is a old body shop guy and he laughed at me for thinking that it could be brought back, I had the last laugh though

Hope to start doing boat details often and will post up all my before and after pics, just have to see how things go but glad to have this forum and for Mike being the man to over see it.
Old 06-09-2014, 10:11 AM   #2
Mike Phillips

Default Re: Daniel From Kentucky

Nice intro Daniel!

That's the way you do it!

I never posted an "intro thread" in the intro forum group but this is kind of the same thing, I shared my first boat which together plus my Dad alays owning a boat is how I became a "boat guy".

1970 Sanger Flat Bottom V-Drive Drag - My First Boat

Old 06-09-2014, 02:27 PM   #3
kinder car care

I remember seeing your boat years ago over on MOL, glad you posted the link for me! love drag racing! and to go 12's on the water I don't know, that's moving!!!!
Old 06-09-2014, 04:47 PM   #4
Mike Phillips

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinder car care View Post

I remember seeing your boat years ago over on MOL, glad you posted the link for me! love drag racing! and to go 12's on the water I don't know, that's moving!!!!

I should have NEVER sold that boat. It was so dialed-in and trouble free not to mention fast.