Marine31 Online Forum
Welcome to the Marine 31 Forum.
Header

Marine 31 Forum » Marine 31 Products - Made by boat people for boat people... » Compounds, Polishes and Waxes » Marine 31 Heavy-Cut Cleaner Wax

Notices

Marine 31 Heavy-Cut Cleaner Wax
Old 06-22-2014, 03:36 PM   #1
kinder car care

Default Marine 31 Heavy-Cut Cleaner Wax

Out at the marine I'm still working on that 72' houseboat but getting a lot of attention from some of the owners of the other houseboats. A great bunch of people! Have some come up and check out my work (It's a lot more like a full on paint correction on a badly neglected hard clear coat automotive paint) and asking what I charge for something like this.

I talk to them a little to get a feel for how they take care of there boat and what their expecting out of a detail and wanting. I then ask their permission to do a test spot and ask which houseboat is there's.

Right now the only washless rinse type of cleaner I've got and use for this is Meguiars Detailer Line D120 Glass Cleaner mixed a little stronger then the 10:1 on the gel coat and it seams to work fine for cleaning off for a test spot.

These pics here are of 2 test spots I did for a couple gentleman and used the Marine 31 Heavy-Cut Cleaner Wax, Flex 3401, LC wool pad about 15lbs. pressure went over about 5 section passes because both boats weren't in all bad condition because of a little gloss at different angles but did have that chalky residue come off on my hand as I rubbed over it.

Old 06-23-2014, 09:28 AM   #2
Mike Phillips

Default Re: Marine 31 Heavy-Cut Cleaner Wax

To me that looks like a dramatic before and after difference.

I hope you get some new customers.

Old 06-23-2014, 03:10 PM   #3
kinder car care

Appreciate that Mike.
Old 06-24-2014, 10:06 AM   #4
brandons

Impressive results from a 1 step. I may have to pick some up.

How is it for wiping off?
brandons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 05:18 PM   #5
kinder car care

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandons View Post
Impressive results from a 1 step. I may have to pick some up.

How is it for wiping off?
Wipe off is easy, I use the thick terry towels with the blue lines on them that you can buy at wally world in the 9 pk.

Marine 31 is amazing, run out of my Heavy-Cut Oxidation Cleaner and went and got some Buff Magic from a local marina shop but not to impressed. Have to hurry up and get me Gallons of all the Marine 31 Products!

Love this stuff, starting to get a feel for it and feel comfortable now and starting to know which product to use for test spots and starting to think about how I can get better results using different combo's like I do in auto finishes but with the marine 31 line.

I see good things ahead for me, Gel Coat and Marine 31! Don't wear my Kinder car care shirts out at the marina hardly any more since I got a Marine 31 T-shirt but now I need to get me 5 more Marine 31 T-shirts. LOL!!
Old 06-25-2014, 10:25 AM   #6
brandons

Thanks for the info. I have some marine 31 products coming this week. Are you working down by dale hollow or lake Cumberland? I visited that area when my wife and I where dating 10 years ago. I always said I would like to go back with a boat someday. What a beautiful area to work. No shortage of boats either. I think you will be busy!
brandons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 01:55 AM   #7
kinder car care

Hey brandons,

No I'm from eastern Ky

Paintsville area, do have 3 lakes within 25 miles from me though so hopefully I can stay busy!!
Old 07-05-2014, 02:44 AM   #8
kinder car care

Just wanted to inform that the gentleman that owns the houseboat in the first picture contacted me and give me the go ahead to start on it next week.

I've learned so much these last 3 weeks working on this houseboat that is over 20 years old and hasn't been cared for as well as it should have been but hopefully I can stay busy and start making some money.

Had the owner of the marina tell me that he's thinking about having me detail he's houseboat before winter and have 3 more gentlemen that are still thinking about the quotes I already gave them.

Went last weekend and looked around at the marina in the next county and thinking about hurrying up and going to it maybe next weekend with my Marine 31 shirt, my flex bag with my 3401 and my Marine 31 products and pads to see if I can get some test spots done on some houseboats there to get my name and Marine 31's name out there.

Maybe in a couple more weeks going to go to the 3rd marina and get started there as well, I'm hoping that I can have them scheduled 1 after the other and maybe just a 1 step Heavy Cut Cleaner/Wax and get in and out in 4 days or less and get some coating test spots on several as well!

Getting ready to make my 4th or 5th order for more Marine 31 products and this time is going to cover washing product and the marine 31 bucket with dolley and can't forget the grit guard, but Mike have a question for you about the foam gun and the wash soap.

Going to be using the Marine 31 Gel Coat Wash & Wax With Carnauba, I read to use 2 ounces per 3 gallons of water for heavely soiled gel coats but in the regular foam gun for water hose that I have, how many ounces do I apply in my foam gun?
Old 07-05-2014, 10:45 PM   #9
karls

I just ordered some myself up on Lake Erie. Looking forward to getting it and using it on the topsides/interior of my Pursuit 3070 CC! I love these products. Thank Marine 31!
karls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 01:18 AM   #10
kinder car care

to Marine 31! Karls,

I've got a 32oz. bottle and a 64oz. jug of the Heavy Cut Cleaner Wax and I will be getting me a gallon of it pretty soon.

With the 3401 Flex and LC wool pad this HCCW sure gets the dullness out and brings some fantastic gloss back to the Gel Coat.

Do you have any pics ?