Thread: Hello
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2015, 08:38 AM   #4
Mike Phillips

Default Re: Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdbillin View Post

There's not many people around me that only detail boats, there's a fair amount of places to boat though. If you start heading twards the Great Lakes there's a lot more boat detailing companies.

Ive always been curious to see the quality of work form other detailers around me but I haven't had a chance to yet though.
I"m always SUPER curious to see what other boat detailers use for,

Tools
Pads
Chemicals

My assumption is totally archaic everything... I hope I'm wrong but from what I've seen the boat detailing industry is so far behind the car detailing industry as it relates to tools, pads and products.

Of course, the detailing industry is in part driven by boat owners and what they'll pay...

Quote:
I'll have to look into the coating, I have several customers that only get there boat done once a year and they always get a little bit chalky by the end of the year, especially the ones that were in really bad shape before I got ahold of them.

Would the coating help prevent that?
The idea is to prevent but realistically what a coating will do is slow down the oxidation process and do it better and last longer than a wax or a sealant.

Since coatings are new to the boat detailing world we need some time to go by to get more real world results. I know that if you don't wipe off all the high spots the only way to remove any excess is to simply compound it off so to me that's a really good sign of just how well our coating bonds to the surface. It's kind of like applying super glue but not as crazy as super glue of course.

Quote:

Currently I just use a wax, I have tre wax and some 3m marine wax.

I recently bought fountain of youth sealant, I haven't got a chance to use it yet. I'm curious to see how well it works.
We sell the 3M line on our sister site PremiumBoatCare.com

I've never heard of Fountain of Youth Sealant but an intriguing name.