View Single Post
Old 06-04-2014, 11:52 AM   #1
kinder car care

Default Polishing Railing

Got a question on polishing faded & dull aluminum railing with Meguiars M205 and/or Meguiars Ultimate Compound or should I use Ultimate Polish. I know to do a test spot first but don't have the time right now and have to start on it first thing in the morning and have a 2010 SS Camaro I'm having to do a 2 step polish on, so just trying to get a general Ideal.

Have a unopened 32oz bottle of M105, a little more then half of a 32oz bottle of M205 and about 10oz of ultimate compound on my shelf. Will be getting the Marine 31 line of metal polishing but for now this is what I've got to work with and I just made a order from AG for the Flex 3401, marine 31 64oz.wax & shine spray/ 64oz. heavy-cut cleaner wax/ 64oz. AIO polish & wax/ 32oz. heavy-cut oxidation cleaner/ 5) pink 6.5 LC CCS PADS & 3) green 6.5 LC CCS pads along with a couple other things from Shurhold & grit guard universal pad washer.

Thinking about using my harbor freight 6'' DA with some polishing pads and some M205 should do the job well and put the shine back to them and if I run out would ultimate polish be sufficient enough to do the job with bumping the speed and/or pressure up, Thanks

Also what Marine 31 metal polish should I get to start out with, will be stocking up on all the marine line but just to get me by for now.

Here's the boat I will be starting on tomorrow, and out of the products I've got coming in what would you use and on what? This will be the first time using any boat products, used meguiars mild clay/body scrub (remember that one?)and M80 on one other boat I did years ago.

kinder car care is offline   Reply With Quote