View Single Post
Old 05-20-2014, 09:00 AM   #4
bud659

Default Re: Help with Wax+Sealant

Thanks for all the photos. You have motivated me to try the product again. And, I think I found the issue. I would apply a bead of Wax+Sealant to my black CCS on my Flex3401 speed 3. Once I made the 1st overlapping row in a 2x2 section, the flex would remove the wax. The wax was being applied ultra-ultra thin and when it got removed it made the wax inconsistent.

For troubleshooting, I lowered the speed from 3 to 2, and this helped a lot. Further, I also made the bead of wax much thicker than normal. Guess what? This did the trick too. I also made the working area smaller to a 1x2 section and each one of these steps made a difference.

Here is what I was putting on for wax when I had the issues. I don't have any photos of when I was applying a thicker bead of wax.

Here are some photos of applying with the thicker bead of wax. Mike, is this too thick? Do the photos tell good enough if its too much wax being applied? I may have went to the other extreme with too much , however, much better than with the normal bead cause that was too thin

Here are some other photos. half the photo is the wax and the other shiny section is just the restorer+FSP. I don't have any photos of after the wax.

When applying the wax on a cool day, I just waited about 5 minutes. It was a light haze. It wasn't streaky when removing with a spot test, it was a light haze and not super dry. is this OK? Is it possible wax can dry too long? I'd rather be safe than sorry. I can always to a 3rd coat.

Thanks for all comments and the help
bud659 is offline   Reply With Quote