View Single Post
Old 06-15-2013, 03:51 PM   #4
Shtexas

Default Re: Upcoming Sea Ray 340 Correction

So I've been pretty behind with the boat and haven't been able to start yet.
I planned on doing some routine maintenance before starting and as it is with boats, the routine maintenance turned into some major repair work.

The generator won't start so I went in to see what was wrong with it. It only has 9 hours on it right now. 9 hours on a 2001. The break in time is 10 hours so it's not even broken in. The carb ended up being pretty fouled so I went ahead and rebuilt it.
The exhaust manifolds on each engine, the exhaust riser, and the raw water intake pumps also need to be replaced which I'm in the process of right now.

The boat was transported here recently and I thought all the canvas had been removed. Come to find out part of the canvas had not been removed until the boat had been driven about 60 miles getting up to around 60mph. When I was checking it out taking the pictures I didn't think to lay out the canvas and check it because it was folded in the cabin. It was in rough shape and desperately needed a cleaning. Because of driving with it on and the rough shape, it caused the bottom of one of the Sunbrella panels to start cracking. I'm going to pick it up today and give it a cleaning and treatment with the 303 products recommended.
I'll take some pictures and post them at a later time.

I should be finished next week and starting on the outside detail.
Shtexas is offline   Reply With Quote