View Single Post
Old 02-06-2014, 09:39 AM   #2
Nick

Default Re: Flex XC3401 proper pad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainzim View Post
Hi This is first post. I have a xc3401 and wanted to know what pads to use on a 26 foot Twin Vee Catamaran. I have medium oxidation and would like to use your compound and wax in one step. My boat is in Northern WI and was wondering if once a year in the spring would keep it looking good. We have a 5 month use up here. Also will the XC3401 work or should I use something else?
Thanks
Hello and welcome to Marine31 Online!

I would personally recommend using a Lake Country 6.5 inch Purple Foamed Wool pad for your project. This pad is aggressive enough to cut through the oxidation, but advanced enough in its design not to scour or haze the finish.

You can use this pad with either of our compounds (Heavy-Cut Oxidation Cleaner or Gloss & Color Restorer) or either of our AIO's (All-In-One Gel Coat Polish & Wax or Heavy-Cut Cleaner Wax).

Thanks to the direct drive, forced rotation of the FLEX XC3401, this tool is more than capable of removing light to moderate oxidation and staining.

For maximum protection and shine, I would follow up the AIO (all in one) with Marine 31 Gel Coat Carnauba Wax + Sealant. This product is well worth the extra step because it's going to add more shine and more importantly, better protection. I would apply this with a Lake Country BLUE Finessing Pad - 6.5 inches.

Foamed Wool 6.5 x 1 Thick Polishing / Buffing Pad

CCS 6.5 inch Blue Finessing Pad

Marine 31 Gel Coat Carnauba Wax + Sealant

Be sure to post before and after pictures!
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote